Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women’s Health
Refuah’s women’s health division is committed to the highest-quality compassionate care for all stages of a women’s life. We offer the complete array of obstetric and gynecologic services close to home.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Our expert prenatal care ensures that both you and your baby are as healthy as possible throughout your pregnancy. Women are encouraged to call for their first obstetric visit as soon as they have had a positive pregnancy test at home. An intake visit will then be scheduled that includes a medical and social history, sonogram, blood work, and extensive counselling on what to expect physically and emotionally in pregnancy. Our patients can expect to have their questions answered on topics like:
- What is safe to eat in pregnancy?
- How much weight can I expect to gain?
- Is exercise safe?
- What vaccinations are recommended at various times in the pregnancy?
- What does spotting mean?
- What medications or dietary supplements can I take?
- What are the common symptoms of early pregnancy?
- How do I know my baby is healthy?
- What kind of monitoring is performed to assess any potential risks or complications in the pregnancy?
Women are encouraged to make sure that their dental health is up to date. They are seen routinely every 4 weeks in early pregnancy, then more frequently later on or in cases where certain risk factors are identified.
In the latter half of pregnancy, other timely issues will be addressed, including:
- What are my options for anesthesia at delivery?
- What are the benefits of breastfeeding?
- What can I expect in the hospital and during my recovery?
- What is post-partum blues and depression?
- How can I stay healthy between pregnancies?
Our goal is to partner with our patients to achieve the best outcomes for mother and baby.
Routine gynecological care is necessary for women of every age in order to ensure their continuing health and wellness. All women should make establishing a relationship with their gynecologist a priority so that they can stay abreast of the newest recommendations for nutrition, cancer surveillance and preventive care, and also feel comfortable to have a discussion with their doctor should any concerns emerge.
Some common gynecological conditions we treat include:
- Pelvic pain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Fertility concerns
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Cervical cancer screening and Pap smears
- Fibroids and cysts
- Bladder and pelvic floor health
- Pelvic infections
- Urinary incontinence
- Breast health
- Physiological changes associated with midlife
- Osteoporosis and bone health
We offer on-site ultrasonography, mammography, and bone density. Patients are also encouraged to register and use Refuah’s Fitness Center regularly to actualize their wellness goals.
- Debra Bloch, CNM
- Catherine Cano, CNM
- Brooke Davidson, MD
- Mary Diana, MD
- Ronit Friedman, MD
- Joyce Friedman, NP
- Victor Grazi, MD
- MaryRose Husselton, RDMS
- Luz-Angela Kourakos, RT
- Andrew Kramer, MD
- Jonathan Lanzkowsky, MD
- Esther Lebovic, DNP,FNP, CSC
- Keith Lescale, MD
- Brynne Love, CNM
- David Lubell, MD
- Eric Mitchell, MD
- Tonya Singer, CNM